The Paradise Cafe is located in a 1915 vintage brick and stucco building that once housed an Italian bakery. Attached to the main building is a Victorian structure that served as the proprietor’s residence. The La Paloma Cafe opened at this location in 1938; serving Mexican food to downtown residents as well as the servicemen who were based at what is now U.C.S.B. during the Second World War. The landmark building was leased by the Paradise Cafe partners in 1981 and continues to be operated by the remaining original partner, Randy Rowse.
The Paradise Cafe has the first and only grill to use Santa Maria live oak wood in the city of Santa Barbara. We grill prime steaks, fresh fish and, of course, our signature Paradise Burger. Our philosophy is simple and straightforward, and that is to take the highest quality and freshest ingredients possible, and let them speak for themselves. Our staff takes great pride in the continuity of our traditions of great food, friendly service and patron loyalty.